I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. To be nominated for this award, another blogger has to nominate you. It boosts traffic to personal blogs and gives the little guy, like me, more exposure to a wider audience.
In order to accept the award, I have to thank the person who nominated me, list ten random facts about myself, answer the questions posed by the person who nominated me, nominate five to ten more people, and generate questions for them to answer.
For the full list of requirements necessary for accepting the Liebster Award click here: Liebster Award Rules.
Here I go!
Thank you Kimc91 at KeepItMindful for this nomination. Kimc91 is a fellow chronic pain sufferer who blogs about her battles with MS. Her posts are insightful and inspiring.
10 Random Facts about Myself:
- My middle name backwards is “Ear.” I’m obsessed with rearranging words into other words. I also love to take big words and see how many other words I can make out of them.
- In my eleven years of teaching, I’ve taught every grade from fifth through twelfth grade.
- When Little Thing was born, I refused to give her any name of any student I had EVER taught.
- While grading papers, I have to don a ponytail. Otherwise, I’ll inspect my hair for split ends and snip ‘em instead of grading.
- My Achilles heel is brie. Damn you IBS.
- If spilling coffee all over clothes accidentally were an Olympic sport, I’d have more gold medals than Michael Phelps.
- The only thing I can draw is a snail. I mean, have you seen my Ram Jam banner?
- Since my husband and I have been together, we’ve never lived in the same house for more than two years.
- My culinary palate considers coconut inedible. Bleeeeeeckkkkkk. Ya’ll can have your piña coladas, German chocolate cake, and Samoa Girl Scout cookies.
- I suffer from fibromyalgia, IBS, Meniere’s disease, and Raynaud’s phenomenon. Essentially my nerves, muscles, ears, and extremities live in a perpetual agitated state of I hate Mrs. Ram Jam. I also suffer from lesser maladies, but they often get lost in the fog.
Here are the ten questions posed by Kimc91 and my answers.
- Why do you blog? Initially, I began because of teacher downtime/summertime boredom and to hold myself accountable for hitting my goal of reading 100 books in 2017. Now, it’s a creative outlet, a way to share stories about Little Thing with family and friends, a place to vent about my chronic diseases, a motivation to get better at the craft of writing, and a source of reflection.
- Who or what is you motivation? My students. If I’m forcing them to be writers, I should cliché myself into practice what you preach. (I’m well aware I can’t use cliché as a verb, but I’m choosing to do so anyway.)
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Quite simply, yes. When I was first introduced to my husband, whose nickname is Goose, I went all Meg Ryan in Top Gun on him.
- What is your ultimate goal in life? To be a mishmash of Dr. Seuss, Mo Willems, Roald Dahl, and Anna Dewdney.
- If you could recommend one thing, could be anything, to someone what would it be? To heed the wise words of Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”
- What or where is your happy place? Weather permitting, in the rocking chair on the back porch with a glass of sauvignon blanc and a library book.
- What’s your favorite thing to watch on TV (assuming you watch TV)? The Today show on NBC.
- Would you rather watch a movie or read the book? Ugh. This shouldn’t be a thing. BOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
- What is your favorite color? Pink!
- If you could be any animal/mammal what would you be and why? OMG. A llama. It might actually suck to infinity to be the fluffy, spitting animal, but “llama” is my favorite word in the English language. I mean, how many other words can you name that start with a double L (without googling it of course)?
I nominate the following bloggers:
- Clareflute @ Salt Free Living
- Hot Foot Trini @ Hot Foot Trini
- Yogafivefifty @ Yoga 5:50
- KatD59 @ kat loves books
- The F Word @ The F Word
Please answer these questions in your Liebster Award post (if you choose to accept):
- What genre of book would you be and why?
- What is one battle you struggle with daily?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What character trait do you envy most in other people? Why?
- What TV show is your guilty pleasure?
- How do you aspire to be a better you?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- Why did you decide to blog?
- What makes you smile?
- What kitchen appliance is your archnemesis?
Thanks for reading!